Reminder - Always check the MindBodyOnline Schedule for class changes, additions, and cancellations.
Power Yoga on Main
is a registered school through Yoga Alliance
Please LIKE us too!
Our Facebook site is your best source for daily reminders and sudden updates.
Experience for yourself the amazing physical results and mental clarity that you gain from the regular practice of the Baptiste Method Vinyasa Flow yoga at Power Yoga on Main in Downers Grove!
We offer vinyasa flow in a room heated to approximately 90 degrees F. Vinyasa is a term that covers a broad range of yoga classes. The word vinyasa means “breath synchronized movement.” In other words, you move from one pose to the next on an inhale or an exhale. This technique facilitates a smooth way for the poses to run together and become like a dance.
The POWER incorporated in this classic vinyasa flow includes lower body balancing as well as arm balancing. We incorporate variations of inversions, such as head stands, hand stands, and much more. Learn how to do it all! All classes are designed for beginners as well as advanced practitioners. NO PREVIOUS YOGA EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED!
Power Yoga on Main invites you to participate in our 30-Day Challenge. It begins October 1st and ends October 30th, 2022. What exactly is a challenge? In years past, some challenges have been 30 classes in 30 days, 40 classes in 40 days, and a few have been in between.
THIS challenge will be a little different. For this one, YOU get to choose exactly what your personal asana challenge will be.
Need ideas? Here's a few to get your wheels turning!
- Increase the number of times you come each week.
- Commit to doing doubles (Yes, two classes) on a day your schedule allows.
- Try a Yin class. Warning: You might just fall in love with focused.
- stretching and see how it is a perfect match for all of the power we practice! Not to mention, it's also a wonderful way to unplug~
- Sign up for the Handstand class! You might be surprised at just how bad ass you are! Wait, 5:45 a.m. is too early? .....What's that saying? Two birds...you know the rest. That's TWO challenges bundled up into ONE!
- Take an arm balance every single practice that's not crow or in addition to.
- Learn a new arm balance &/or inversion and practice it every class.
- Commit to a 5:45 a.m. class once a week! Or twice.....It really is an amazing way to start your day!
- Do the OG Challenge - 30 classes in 30 days! Any way you can get them in! We have classes 7 days a week!
Remember, by definition a challenge is DIFFICULT and requires great effort and determination! There is no right or wrong. Choose something personally challenging for you (but ohhh how it will be equally rewarding). Never did a challenge with us? Just ask around next time you're on your mat! It's extremely exhilarating!
Ready to sign up for the October Challenge?
On Sunday, October 1st (or before :-), put your name on the board (located on the back wall of the studio). After every practice, put your sticker on the board. . .
After you've completed your personal challenge, we want to hear from you. How did your practice change? What did you accomplish? Share with us! The cost to participate is $15
(cash or check is preferred).
We are SO STOKED for this challenge, and it has been a very long time
coming! Let's get back to it!!
P.S. Check Mindbody daily for our most current schedule and especially pop up classes for the month of October!!
Want to get your favorite yogi a gift that is guaranteed to be the right size, is healthy, and is available RIGHT NOW with no shipping expenses or waiting?
Just CLICK HERE to purchase a Power Yoga on Main Gift Card. We can email it for you, or you can print it online ready to present immediately. Select Online Store and then Gift Cards/Credit if you are already on our mindbodyonline website.